Andrew Boddington, Designer and Maker in Glass.
Reading, UK based glass artist Andrew Boddington, works in both traditional stained glass and modern kiln-formed techniques to undertake commissions. Both private individuals and public organisations commission Andrew to design and make architectural glass features which are both beautiful and practical. He also produces innovative fused glassware such a bowls, plates and more sculptural items that play with light, colour and bubbles.
Andrew has worked with glass since 2001, and in 2003 he attended 2 years of the prestigious Central Saint Martins, London (CSM) postgraduate glass courses. At the final CSM exhibition in 2005, Andrew was awarded the Lankelly Chase Foundation prize for best glass in show. Working and learning at CSM was an enjoyable and a formative experience for Andrew’s glasswork. With seven other friends and alumni he is now part of the Teepee Glass collective who regularly exhibit together.
- 2010 August – Era at the International Festival of Glass, Stourbridge. With CSM alumni and tutors Caroline Swash, Helen Maurer and Hildegard Pax.
- 2010 May – Era at Ely, Stained Glass Museum, Ely Cathedral
- 2010 April – Era, The Cochrane Gallery, London WC1. A swansong for the glass course at Central Saint Martins, with Teepee Glass.
- 2009 October – Stone & Glass. Exhibition with stone mason Roger Smalley. Peacock Gallery, Maiden Erleigh.
- 2009 – Art at Dragon Court, Henley. Mixed media show.
- 2008 – TP2 Exhibition at SE1 Gallery, London with Teepee Glass CSM alumni.
- 2007 – TP1 Exhibition at SE1 Gallery, London with Teepee Glass CSM alumni.
- 2007 – Bowls of Saint Martins. ZeST gallery London with CSM Alumni.
- Whiteknights Studio Trail, Reading. Regular exhibitor 2003 to present.
- to Present – Various private residential stained glass commissions for windows & room-dividers in Reading, Berkshire and surrounding area.
- 2011 – ‘Spirit of Boddo’ fused-glass, wood and silver Memorial Trophy
- 2009 – St John’s & St Stephen’s Church Reading, sacramental furniture (font bowl, candle plate, glass inserts) with furniture maker Mark Ripley.
- 2006 – Churchmead School, Datchett. Reception leaded window.
- 2005 – Hawthorns School, Wokingham. Reception leaded window.
- 2008 – Pate de Verre Casting course, tutor Angela Thwaites, Richmond College
- 2004 to 2005 – Postgraduate Certificate in Glass and Architecture, Central Saint Martins, University of the Arts London
- 2003 to 2004 – Postgraduate Certificate in Glass and Fine Art, Central Saint Martins, London
- 2001 to 2003 – Glass Course, tutor Caroline Loveys, South Hill Park Arts Centre, Bracknell